Apply for council housing, private housing, get homelessness support and find out more about our housing strategies and policies.
Your Housing Options
Supported living

Supported living helps people keep their independence in their own home. This is by offering the physical and emotional support that they need.

Grants and financial schemes
Disabled Facilities Grants


To be eligible, you must have both

  • a disability
  • had an assessment from a Social Services Occupational Therapist

You can use a Facilities grant for a range of works up to a maximum of £30,000. This could be for works like installing a ramp or even an extension.

Get an Occupational Therapy assessment

To receive an assessment from Occupational Therapy, contact City of Wolverhampton Council:

  • Telephone: 01902 553666 (select option 1)

Already had an Occupational Therapy assessment

If you have had an Occupational Therapy assessment, the next step is to discuss your needs. To do this or ask any questions, contact the Home Improvement Agency at Wolverhampton Homes:

Affordable home ownership scheme

Shared ownership schemes allow you to buy a share of a property and rent the rest from a housing association. You can buy more shares at later stages. Your household income must be £80,0000 or less.

Help to Buy is aimed at first time buyers who need an equity loan towards the cost of buying a new-build home.

The purchaser takes out a mortgage covering at least 25% of the purchase price. This is topped up with an equity loan to cover 5-20% of the purchase price.

Interest is charged from the sixth year at 1.75% on the amount originally borrowed. This is spread into monthly interest payments.

More information on Affordable home ownership scheme