Floating support services offer advice, information and guidance on all aspects of a tenancy to help individuals maintain their accommodation and independence.
What support is available?
- help in setting up and maintaining a home or tenancy
- developing domestic/life skills
- developing links with your local community
- advice, advocacy and liaison
- help in managing finances and benefit claims
- encouraging those in tenancies to abide by their agreements and to develop links in the local community
- help in gaining access to other services
- help in establishing personal safety and security
- help in accessing purposeful activity such as voluntary work, education and employment
- signposting to cultural and leisure services
- help in finding other accommodation
Who offers floating support
The following organisations offer floating support. To access the service please contact them directly:
- Accord Housing Association
- Bromford Housing Group
- The Haven
- Heantun Housing Association
- Midland Heart
- Wolverhampton Homes Housing Outreach & Support Team - For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01902 555760
Service users will have a named support worker who will work alongside them, towards a mutually agreed support plan for up to two years. The support will be tailored to the service users needs and they will receive regular support visits arranged to their convenience.
If the service user has a tenancy it does not matter if it is council, Housing Association or Private; Floating support is available to all tenures. If the service user doesn't have a tenancy, support is available to work towards accessing appropriate accommodation. If floating support isn't right for the service user, they will be signposted to relevant or specialist agencies as required.
Many organisations are commissioned by the council to provide support for customer groups with particular needs.
You should first of all contact the Homeless Service to see what options are available to you.
Some of these organisations provide emergency accommodation.
- Young Persons Team - E-mail: email@example.com, telephone: 01902 556806
- YMCA Black Country Group - Telephone: 01902 870382
- Home Group Stonham - Telephone: 01902 420536
- P3 Charity - Telephone: 01902 773721
- City of Wolverhampton Council Housing Outreach Team. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 01902 553176
- City of Wolverhampton Council Housing Outreach Team - Telephone: 01902 555760
- Abbeyfield UK - E-mail: email@example.com, telephone: 01785 255731
- Anchor Trust - E-mail: Enquiries.firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 08457 758595
- Asra Midlands Housing Association - E-mail: email@example.com, telephone: 0800 458 2558
- Bromford Housing Group - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 01902 421527
- Extra Care Charitable Trust - E-mail: email@example.com, telephone: Broadway Gardens 01902 788776, James Beattie 01902 744097, Verona Court 01902 863238, Bushfield Court 01902 493858
- Heantun Housing Association and Heantun Care - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: Aethelred Court 01902 571280, Bromley House 01902 571281, Hinchliffe Avenue 01902 571282, Geraghty Court 01902 571283
- Hibiscus Housing Association - E-mail: email@example.com, telephone: 01902 716780
- Housing 21 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 0307 01924000
- Midland Heart - E-mail: email@example.com, telephone: 0870 60 70 300 or 01902 738018
- Nehemiah United Churches Association - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 0121 358 8030
- City of Wolverhampton Council - Sheltered Accommodation and Neighbourhood Support - E-mail: email@example.com, telephone: 01902 554709
- Woodlands - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 01902 341203
If you live in your own home, you may be entitled to various grants and assistance to help maintain your property.
The following documents give detailed information about the plans for the Housing Related Support programme and the key work priorities between 2010 and 2015.
Wolverhampton's Housing Support & Social Inclusion Strategy 2010 - 2015 sets out the priorities for the range of services funded through the Housing Related Support Programme.