What are our strategic aims?
Through our strategies and by working with our partners, we aim to :
- understand local and regional housing markets and housing needs
- undertake housing related research and carry out consultation with partners and local people on housing issues
- develop housing strategies that reflect the needs and aspirations of Wolverhampton for all housing types and tenures across the city
- ensure that housing strategies deliver the best possible outcomes for Wolverhampton by monitoring performance and working with partners to respond to potential problems
- work with partners to meet the housing needs of local people and support Wolverhampton's aspirations as a city
- work with neighbouring local authorities and partners across the region to ensure a coordinated and well-planned approach to housing issues in the West Midlands
- respond to requests for housing-related information
Wolverhampton Housing Strategy 2019-2024
Wolverhampton's Housing Strategy covers the period 2019-2024.
Since our last strategy, we have seen real success in our ambition to deliver excellence in housing across the City.
We know there is more to do and we are committed to building on our success and continuing to improve Wolverhampton's housing offer.
Our vision for housing over the next five years is to deliver 'Better Homes for All' which supports and underpins the fourth strategic outcome of the council plan 2019-2024.
To further advance our ambitions for the City, we will:
- Deliver more and better homes to meet the needs of our economy, communities and the growing number of households looking to work, study and settle in our city.
- Ensure safe and healthy homes for all by tackling and challenging criminal landlords and setting excellent levels of housing management and maintenance standards for all our housing management agents. We will make the best use of housing in the city; bringing empty properties back into use, improving the quality and thermal efficiency of homes and reducing fuel poverty.
- Provide access to secure homes for those in vulnerable situations. We continue to tackle rough sleeping in partnership. We will work to prevent homelessness and provide support and advice to people who need sustainable accommodation options to meet their housing needs. We will work to provide housing options that enable choice, good health and well-being and promote independent living.
We welcome any feedback from stakeholders, partners and members of the community on the new housing strategy as we want to take into account as many views as possible to make sure we are getting it right for Wolverhampton residents.
You can tell us your views by:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01902 554845