City of Wolverhampton Council has announced measures designed to support council home tenants who may struggle to pay their rent during the coronavirus outbreak.
The council has implemented the following measures to provide reassurance and offer flexibility to struggling households:
- Council tenants facing difficulty, for whatever reason, need to contact their managing agent (Wolverhampton Homes or their Tenant Management Organisation), who will look at each situation on an individual basis and provide advice, guidance and potentially a revised repayment plan
- There will be no enforcement action against arrears or evictions during this difficult time
- If you are able to pay your rent you MUST continue to do so. Missed rent payments will need to be paid at a later date
Councillor Louise Miles, City of Wolverhampton Council’s Cabinet Member for Resources, said: “These are unprecedented times and we know people are worried about how they will pay the bills if their income drops. We wanted to make it clear that the council stands ready to support people through the uncertainty.
“People will still need to pay their rent in full, but this announcement is about providing flexibility if you need it and identifying financial advice you may need. We want people to contact us if they face difficulty paying so that we can talk through their individual circumstances, so please work with us to let us help you.”
Contacts details for Managing Agents are:
Wolverhampton Homes - 01902 556789
Bushbury Hill EMB - 01902 552994
New Park Village - 01902 552670
Dovecotes TMO - 01902 552780
Springfield Horseshoe Housing Co-op - 01902 552872
For more information on City of Wolverhampton Council’s response to the coronavirus outbreak and what to do if you need support, visit wolverhampton.gov.uk/coronavirus
You can pay your Housing Rent through My Account which gives you access to a range of Council services - get started by registering for an account here and pay your rent. You'll need your 8 digit payment reference.
Payments are protected using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We accept most major credit and debit cards.
Other ways to pay
Apply for a direct debit on the Wolverhampton Homes website.
- Using the council's 24 hour automated Freephone line: 0800 180 4464, choose extension 1
- Payments made through this service will credit your account the next working day, therefore payments made on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday will credit your account on a Monday.
Make a BACS payment from your bank account to the council's bank account. Please quote your 8 digit payment reference.
- Sort Code: 56-00-69
- Account Number: 44470304
Customer payment card
Post a cheque payable to Wolverhampton City Council.
Include your name, address and 8 digit payment reference.
City of Wolverhampton Council
P.O. Box 260
You can pay in person by using the Express Payment Point in the Civic Centre during opening hours:
- Monday to Thursday: 8.30am to 5pm
- Friday: 8.30am to 4.30pm
You can also pay at your Local Housing Office.