Information for private tenants and landlords in Wolverhampton including our Rent with Confidence scheme.
Rent with Confidence
Wolverhampton’s Rent with Confidence (RwC) scheme is aimed at working with the Private Rented Sector to improve the quality, standard of property conditions and management of the sector.
Damp and Mould Action Plan
- For advice and guidance on how to deal with damp and mould please visit Condensation, Damp and Mould.
- Damp and mould mitigation advice leaflet shall be provided in response to all enquiries, regardless of whether they refer to damp and mould.
- Private Sector Housing will undertake the robust enforcement of:
- Adequate reasonably economic heating
- Ventilation such as extractor fans
- Damp and mould cleaning kits to be provided for low level mould issues.
- Window vacs shall be provided, for removing water from bathrooms before it evaporates.
- Where there are significant damp and mould issues and tenants are ‘People at increased risk’ under the new guidance, Private Sector Housing Service will consider providing:
- Professional removal of the mould.
- Short term loan of a dehumidifier, whilst a long-term solution is found.
- For more information please email Private.Sector@wolverhampton.gov.uk