Universal Credit has rolled out to all postcodes in Wolverhampton.
Customers of working age who would have made a new claim for Housing Benefit now need to apply for the housing element of Universal Credit.
However, there are some exceptions where a new claim for Housing Benefit can still be made:
- living in specified/supported accommodation
- living in temporary accommodation
- receiving a Severe Disability Premium in any of the following legacy benefits when you make your claim for Housing Benefit:
- Job Seekers Allowance (IB),
- Employment and Support Allowance (IR),
- Income Support,
- Housing Benefit
If you meet one or more of the exceptions above continue to apply for Housing Benefit by selecting the "Make a claim" link below.
Universal Credit does not include help towards paying your Council Tax. If you are on a low income and you wish to apply for help to reduce your Council Tax bill, please apply by clicking the on the link below.
For more information about what benefits you can claim, including Universal Credit click our benefits calculator.
- The calculator is free to use, and the details you provide are anonymous.
- Before you start, make sure you have information about your savings, income, pensions and existing benefits (for you and your partner).
- If you run out of time, you can save your calculation and come back to it later and pick up right where you left off.
If you are already receiving Housing Benefit certain changes in circumstances will trigger a claim for Universal Credit. For further information please visit www.gov.uk/universal-credit.
For further information on the support available in Wolverhampton to help you claim Universal Credit is available at www.universalcreditwolverhampton.co.uk.