City of Wolverhampton Council is following guidance from Central Government and Public Health England. There may be measures that the Council has to take which will delay the processing and the decision on your application. Any general delays will be notified on this website.
For more information on Covid-19 please view the Current Government advice.
Latest update. As of 5 January 2021
City of Wolverhampton Council is to open for face-to-face collection services on a limited appointment-only basis with strict hygiene control measures. Applicants who have an outstanding application will be contacted via email to advise that they book an appointment. Please do not visit any of our offices without an appointment as you will not be permitted to access our premises.
Driver licence renewals will continue to be posted by recorded delivery.
Vehicle inspections will continue with strict infection control measures in place and we are continuing to operate on a limited appointment-only basis.
Drop-in callers will not be permitted access to our site.
Current Timescales for Private Hire Applications
Before you proceed with your application, please note the following timescales.
Private Hire Vehicle Applications (New and renewal)
From 1 April 2021, if vehicle licence applicants are not a driver licensed by City of Wolverhampton Council, you must provide a Basic DBS certificate from the UK Government. If the applicant is a company or partnership, each director and partner must provide a basic DBS certificate. Certificates must be dated within the 12 months prior to application for new applications or 12 months prior to licence expiry for renewal applications. You must upload your basic DBS certificate as part of the application process.
If the DBS certificate contains information, a hearing may be required to be held to determine whether the individual is fit and proper to hold a licence, in consideration of the Council’s ‘Guidelines Relating to Relevance of Convictions and Breaches of Licence Conditions’, prior to the licence being granted.
When you have completed your online application, you will receive an e-mail acknowledgement.
Following your acknowledgement and providing your application is complete, you will receive a confirmation e-mail within 5 working days, notifying you of an appointment to collect your plates.
If we require further information from you to support your application, you will be contacted within 5 working days.
A vehicle will only be plated until it is 12 years old. Therefore, at the time of application, the vehicle must be no older than 11 years and 6 months. The iApply online system will not allow you to continue with your application if your vehicle is too old.
Private Hire Driver Badge Application (New and renewal)
When you have completed your online application form, you will receive an email acknowledgement.
To process your application, we require:
- An acceptable passport-type photograph of you
- An acceptable image of both sides of your full UK driving licence for Category B vehicles, which you have held for at least 12 months. If you have a foreign driving licence, you may be able to convert it to a UK driving licence by visiting Exchange a foreign driving licence
- Your completed medical certificate, which must be dated no longer than 3 months before your application date, with your doctor's endorsement that you are fit to be a private hire driver
- Proof of your right to work in the UK – Here you can find the Right to Work Document Assessment form
- Information from any previous authorities you have been licensed with
- An acceptable image of all pages of your full enhanced DBS certificate, which must be for the position of ‘Other Workforce – Taxi Licensing’
- If you do not have a DBS certificate, you can obtain one via TaxiPlus Wolverhampton.
- If you have committed an offence overseas you should seek independent expert or legal advice to ensure that you provide information that is truthful and accurate when making your application
- A completed DVLA Licence Check. This will be completed at the same time as your DBS, when you apply via TaxiPlus
- If you have not provided Licensing Services with a DBS certificate via TaxiPlus Wolverhampton, you will be requested to submit a DVLA Check Code
- Confirmation from Worcestershire County Council that you have successfully completed our Private Hire Training & Assessment Programme within three attempts and no longer than 12 months before your application date (If you have not done so already, you can book this by clicking the following the link https://capublic.worcestershire.gov.uk/TaxiCourseBookingsPublic/)
- Your own, individual email address
From 1 April 2021, City of Wolverhampton Council will require all driver licence applicants purchasing an enhanced DBS certificate to subscribe to the DBS Update Service at a cost of £13 per year. The DBS certificate must be for an enhanced check for the position of ‘Other Workforce - Taxi Licensing’.
You have 30 days from the issue date on your certificate to apply for the Update Service.
If you do not subscribe to the Update Service and your licence is granted or renewed after 1 April 2021, you will be required to purchase a new DBS certificate every six months. Six monthly DBS checks are now required by the Department for Transport.
Providing we have received all the above documentation and your application is correct and complete, you will receive a second email within 10 working days stating that your badges are ready for collection. Please note, if your DBS certificate or DVLA licence check reveals convictions for offences that are not clear of our guidelines (which you can view in the Downloads section), it may take longer than 5 working days to process your application.
Names on all documents must match and be spelt in the same way. If there are any discrepancies with the names on the documents then the application will not be able to be processed further until the documents have been rectified.
Your 10 working days period will not begin until we are in receipt of correct and complete versions of all relevant documentation.
However, if we require further information from you to support your application, you will be contacted within 10 working days.
Please do not contact licensing until 10 working days have passed since you made your application. If you have not received an email acknowledging receipt of your application form, please check the clutter/junk folder of your email account, as it may have been directed to there.
We are unable to provide progress updates over the telephone, but you can check the status of your application.
If 10 working days have passed since you submitted your application and you have not been contacted, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for driver licences or email@example.com for vehicle licences, with your application reference number
Please note that if you wish to obtain your licence sooner than the timescale above we offer a 'Fast Track' application