Current Timescales for Private Hire Applications
Before you proceed with your application, please note the following timescales.
Private Hire Vehicle Applications (New and renewal)
When you have completed your online application, you will receive an e-mail acknowledgement.
Following your acknowledgement and providing your application is complete, you will receive a confirmation e-mail within 3 working days, notifying you of an appointment to collect your plates.
The waiting time for plate collections are currently taking up to 5 working days from the date of your initial application.
If we require further information from you to support your application, you will be contacted within 3 working days.
Private Hire Driver Badge Application (New and renewal)
When you have completed your online application form, you will receive an email acknowledgement.
To process your application, we require:
- An acceptable passport-type photograph of you
- An acceptable image of both sides of your full UK driving licence for Category B vehicles, which you have held for at least 12 months. If you have a foreign driving licence, you may be able to convert it to a UK driving licence by clicking the following link https://www.gov.uk/exchange-foreign-driving-licence
- Your completed medical certificate, which must be dated no longer than 3 months before your application date, with your doctor's endorsement that you are fit to be a private hire driver
- Proof of your right to work in the UK
- Information from any previous authorities you have been licensed with
- An acceptable image of all pages of your full enhanced DBS certificate, which must be dated no longer than 3 months before your application date and from Personnel Checks Wolverhampton. To apply for this, visit www.personnelchecks.co.uk/taxis/wolverhampton/
- A completed DVLA Licence Check. This will be completed at the same time as your DBS, when you apply via Personnel Checks
- Confirmation from Worcestershire County Council that you have successfully completed our Private Hire Training & Assessment Programme within three attempts and no longer than 12 months before your application date (If you have not done so already, you can book this by clicking the following the link https://capublic.worcestershire.gov.uk/TaxiCourseBookingsPublic/)
- A personal email address
Providing we have received all the above documentation and your application is correct and complete, you will receive a second email within 15 working days (10 working days for renewals) stating that your badges are ready for collection. Please note, if your DBS certificate or DVLA licence check reveals convictions for offences that are not clear of our guidelines (which you can view in the Downloads section), it may take longer than 15 working days to process your application.
Your 15-working day period will not begin until we are in receipt of correct and complete versions of all relevant documentation.
However, if we require further information from you to support your application, you will be contacted within 15 working days (10 working days for renewals).
Please do not contact licensing until 15 working days (10 working days for renewals) have passed since you made your application. If you have not received an email acknowledging receipt of your application form, please check the clutter/junk folder of your email account, as it may have been directed to there.
We are unable to provide progress updates over the telephone, but you can check the status of your application.
If 15 working days (10 working days for renewals) have passed since you submitted your application and you have not been contacted, please e-mail email@example.com for driver licences or firstname.lastname@example.org for vehicle licences, with your application reference number