If you are planning an outdoor event, we recommend you notify the council.

If you're planning an event, whether it's a street party, fun day, concert of drive, we recommend that you complete the Event Organisers Questionnaire. This allows the council which is part of a Safety Advisory Group (SAG) to help communities organise public events safely.

Do I have to give notice?

It isn't a legal requirement. However, if you don't notify SAG, we will not support your event.

How do I book a park or green space?

If you want to hold an event on a park or green space owned by the Council, you will need to obtain permission and pay a fee. You can do this by following the instructions on the Parks page.

How much notice is required?

For the council to offer support, you need to give at least 3 months notice. For events attracting over 1000 people, 6 months notice is required.

You will need to submit a ‘Safety Advisory Group Event Questionnaire’ which can be found in the Downloads section on this page.

Submit the form to PESAG@wolverhampton.gov.uk.

Templates and advice for event organisers

Please see the Downloads section on this page for useful advice and templates that may assist you with the organisation of your event.


There are no fees for submitting an event questionnaire to the Safety Advisory Group, nor for the advice and recommendations provided.