How much does a donation bench cost?
The installation of a donation bench costs at least £1,700.
To proceed to the quotation stage you need to send us a non-refundable deposit of £100. This needs to be in the form of a cheque.
Will my deposit be deducted from the final balance I have to pay?
Yes, we will contact you to say how much the final amount is. This will be the total cost of the quote minus the £100 deposit.
Will I get a refund if I decide not to progress beyond quotations?
No, deposits are non-refundable.
This is because a lot of time goes into making site visits and getting the quote. Officers have to make arrangments with manufacturers, suppliers, delivery locations and installation services.
You can request a donation bench in:
- Bantock Park
- West Park
About the Bench
The design of the bench will match those already in the chosen park.
Notes for consideration:
- A donation bench becomes the property of the Council.
- The Council maintains donation benches and plaques in line with our standard maintenance schedules.
- If a plaque gets damaged or stolen within the first 12 months, the council will pay for a replacement.
- Should a donation bench become unsafe, or encourage anti-social behaviour, it may need to be removed.
- If we cannot repair a damaged donation bench, the Council will remove it and let you know. A replacement bench will be at the charge applicable at the time.
- The laying of tributes on or around a donation bench are not encouraged, and may be removed.
The inscription can be up to 80 characters (not including spaces) on three rows.
It is preferable that the plaque contains some reference to the park or garden it is in.
Once we have accepted the application and processed full payment, the council will:
- buy the bench
- have the plaque inscribed
- arrange for installation
This usually takes 12 to 16 weeks (weather dependent)
We will let you know when we have installed your bench