To help customers, we’ve put the following information together. You may be able to make a claim and get your money back if you’ve paid by card or have insurance.

Please read the information below.

Citizens Advice

Contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline for information about your rights.  Their website also has guidance and template letters.  Contact: 0808 223 1133 (Freephone) or visit:

Credit Card

If you paid for some or all of your trip using a credit card, you may be able to get a refund under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.  The total value of the booking must be at least £100, although the whole amount doesn’t have to be paid using the card.  Please contact your card issuer to find out how to make a claim.

Debit card

If you paid by debit card, you might be able to reverse the transaction through the Mastercard and Visa Chargeback scheme, which most high street banks are part of.  Please contact your bank to find out how to make a claim.


You may be able to make a claim under a travel or household insurance policy.  Contact your insurer to find out how to make a claim.  If you need to supply a crime number, register details of the incident with Action Fraud.  Call: 0300 123 2040 or go online

Rights against operator of the business

If information is available about the proprietor of the business, you may be able to make a claim against them using the small claims procedure.  Find out more at: