Disabled Parking Bay criteria and information
Entitlement to an on-street disabled parking bay:
- the provision of an on-street bay is not automatic
- the applicant must be the holder of a valid blue badge
- the applicant must have a permanent and substantial disability. This means being unable to walk or have considerable difficulty in walking.
- it may be necessary to approach your doctor
- the applicant must not have a suitable off-street area available to park
- you must keep your vehicle at your address
Getting a Disabled Parking Bay
- The Badge Holder must complete the form. If they can't do this someone else may do so on their behalf. You must complete all details as though the badge holder is completing the form
- providing false or misleading information is an offence.
- it may be necessary to get agreement from your neighbours. This will depend on the size of the disabled bay required in relation to the size of your car.
- We require an application fee of £170.00. This is a contribution to administrative costs.