Do I need a licence?
All operators who run a private hire business within Wolverhampton, where private hire bookings are taken must be licensed with City of Wolverhampton Council.
How do I apply?
New operators are required to attend a meeting with the Licensing Section Leader
The aims of the meeting are:
- To establish an understanding of your business needs, the operation you are/intend to be running and what our expectations are from our operators.
- Explain how our business relationship with our operators work and the services we can provide to assist in your operation.
- Set out the councils requirements for licensed Private Hire Drivers / Vehicles / Operators.
- To assist in the application process.
- Provide a walkthrough of our cutting-edge online driver and vehicle application process.
To book a meeting with Licensing Services please fill out one of the information sheets in the downloads section and email in here
How much will it cost?
- New operators licence (1 Year): £1,077
- Renewal operators licence (1 Year): £785
- Renewal operators licence (5 Years): £3,140
Private Hire Working Group
All licensed operators are invited to attend our scheduled working group meetings to discuss updates within the Private Hire sector and provide opportunities for you to add agenda items for discussion.
Should you require any further information regarding private hire operator licences, please email us.