What is Street Trading
Street Trading is defined as “the selling or offering for sale of any article (including a living thing) in the street.
If you wish to operate on private land (that is accessible to the public at any time without charge), you will also require a street trading consent, however, you will also require permission from the landowner, to operate on their land.
Mobile traders, such as ice cream sellers or similar are required to apply for a mobile street trading consent.
How to apply
You will require the following
- Completed application form
- Public liability insurance certificate of £5 million
- Driving licence or passport
- A current utility bill (within 3 months)
- All foodstuff traders and any persons employed in the ‘Unit’ must provide evidence of appropriate food hygiene training.
- Letter of Consent from Private Land Owner (if applicable).
- Passport size photographs
Street Trading Fees
Please refer to the relevant application
Returning your application
Return your completed application form to:
City of Wolverhampton Council
St Peters Square