City of Wolverhampton Council regulates street trading under the provisions of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982.

What is Street Trading

Street Trading is defined as “the selling or offering for sale of any article (including a living thing) in the street. 

If you wish to operate on private land (that is accessible to the public at any time without charge), you will also require a street trading consent, however, you will also require permission from the landowner, to operate on their land.

Mobile traders, such as ice cream sellers or similar are required to apply for a mobile street trading consent.

How to apply

You will require the following

  • Completed application form
  • Public liability insurance certificate of £5 million
  • Driving licence or passport
  • A current utility bill (within 3 months)
  • All foodstuff traders and any persons employed in the ‘Unit’ must provide evidence of appropriate food hygiene training.
  • Letter of Consent from Private Land Owner (if applicable).
  • Passport size photographs

Street Trading Fees

Please refer to the relevant application

Returning your application

Return your completed application form to:

City of Wolverhampton Council
Civic Centre
St Peters Square