Council tax liability appeals
You can appeal if:
- you disagree that you are the person liable to pay the council tax
- you think your property should be exempt from council tax
- you think you should be entitled to a reduction due to disability
- you think you should be entitled to a discount
How to appeal
You must submit your appeal in writing to:
Revenues and Benefits Service
City of Wolverhampton Council
P O Box 250
- your name, address and the date
- the address of your property (if different)
- the reference number and date shown on your council tax bill
- your reasons for appealing and any proof that supports your appeal
- supporting evidence documents
We will let you know our decision within 2 months. If you are not happy with our decision or have not received it in 2 months, you may be able to appeal to the Valuation Tribunal.
The Valuation Tribunal Service
3rd Floor Crossgate House
Telephone: 01302 342324
You must continue to pay your council tax while your appeal is being considered. If you do not pay we will take action to recover this money and it will add additional costs.
If you wish to appeal against a council tax reduction decision please view our benefit appeals page.
If you wish to appeal against a council tax band decision please view our Tax Bands page.