The annual event aims to raise awareness of the importance of reading and sharing books with young children, and there are a host of activities for preschool children throughout the week.
There will be free Baby Book Time sessions with the Bookstart Bear on the following dates this week and next:
- Central Children's Library, Tuesday 4 June, 10.15am to 11.30am
- Whitmore Reans Library, Tuesday 4 June, 10.30am to 11.30am
- Long Knowle Library, Tuesday 4 June, 2.30pm to 3.30pm
- Bilston Library, Wednesday 5 June, 11am to 12pm
- Tettenhall Library, Thursday 6 June, 10.30am to 11am
- Springvale Library, Friday 7 June, 10am to 11am
- Pendeford Library, Tuesday 11 June, 10.30am to 11am
- Finchfield Library, Wednesday 12 June, 10.30am to 11am
- Warstones Library, Friday 14 June, 10.30am to 11.30am
Councillor Harman Banger, the City of Wolverhampton Council's Cabinet Member for City Economy, said: "Getting into the habit of sharing stories, books and rhymes every day – even if only for 10 minutes – can transform a child's life, as they explore their world and make bonds while building skills and a lifelong love of reading.
“We're looking forward to welcoming families to join in the National Bookstart Week celebrations at our libraries over the next few days."
To find out more about Wolverhampton’s libraries, please visit Libraries.