How to get access to a wide range of dictionaries, encyclopedias, news archives and other information sources online.
All you need to access the resources below is your 14 digit library card number.
- Ancestry.com - The largest family history site online with over 4 billion names in worldwide historical records. (Available on library PCs only)
- Access to Research - Students and independent researchers can access over 10 million academic articles. Get in-depth information on topics including: art, architecture, business, engineering, history, languages, politics, philosophy, mathematics and the sciences. (Available on library PCs only)
- UKPressOnline is your gateway to THREE million pages of the 19th-21st Centuries' newspapers, from 1835 to today, all as published on the day they were published and all searchable by name, word, phrase and date.
- Theory Test Pro - Highly realistic online simulation of the UK's driving theory test. It provides unlimited access to all the official questions from the DSA in the same format as the official test and includes an online version of Highway Code. Sign up with your library card to get free access.
- Go Citizen - An online study resource for candidates preparing for the Life in the UK test or British citizenship test.
Online version of the latest official study materials licensed from the Home Office, the people who write the handbook. Hundreds of practice test questions in the same format as the official test. Additional interactive learning resources and teaching aids. Sign up with your library card to get free access.