In order to borrow or reserve an item or book a PC via our online service, you will need a membership number and PIN.
Membership of the library service is free to anyone. You may join the library online or in person after you have read and accepted the membership conditions. A temporary membership number will be issued until your first visit to the library. Please take the email acknowledgement with proof of your current address with you when you collect your membership card (ie. A recent bank statement or utility bill.) For children, please provide a form of ID that shows their Date of Birth (ie. Birth certificate.)
Membership to Wolverhampton libraries is free. As a member, you can:
- Get online access to a wide range of books, dictionaries, encyclopedias and newspaper archives.
- Download e-books and audiobooks using our Borrowbox app.
- Access computers, internet and Wi-Fi (subject to availability).
- Get involved in events and activities.
Conditions of membership
- The details you supply must be accurate.
- You may only have one library membership card.
- Overdue fines, where applicable, are charged for the late return of items.
- Please notify the Library Service if you change your name or address.
- Please report lost membership cards immediately. There is a £1.50 charge for a replacement.
- You are responsible for your library card and pin, so please do not share.
- You may book to use a PC within the Library. The use is free of charge for the first two hours, thereafter there is a charge of £1.00 an hour.
- WiFi is available at all libraries free of charge.
- 10 library items can be issued at any one time.