You may qualify for a reduction if you or a member of your household moves permanently to live in a care home.

If a person has left a property empty because they have gone to live permanently in a hospital, nursing home or residential home the property will become exempt from council tax.

If someone remains in the property as the sole occupier, that person would be entitled to a single-person discount.

You will need to provide us with the full name and address of the person in hospital or care home and the address of the hospital or care home they have gone to live in.

Apply for Hospital or Care Home reduction