Domestic violence impacts many lives, find advice, guidance and how to report it.
Page Quick Exit
If you need to leave the page quickly, the following buttons will send you to the relevant website
What is domestic violence?
Domestic violence/abuse can include
- putting the person down or making the victim feel bad about themselves
- playing mind-games and making the person feel they are stupid or going mad
- enforced isolation from family or friends
- trying to keep the person from getting a job or making them give up work
- making the person ask for money or withholding money
- actual or threatened physical harm
- making another person do sexual things against their will
- making someone afraid by smashing things and destroying things
- making or carrying out threats to hurt someone emotionally - threatening to take the children away or commit suicide
- following the person, reading their texts and e-mails, checking their phone