Prevent is one of the four key stands that make up the Government’s counter terrorism strategy, CONTEST. It focuses upon supporting individuals at risk of being radicalised by terrorist and/or extremist groups before they reach a criminal threshold. A key component of Prevent is the Channel programme.
For more info
The scheme provides local people with a practical way to influence what happens in their neighbourhood by working with the police and council to determine local policing priorities.
At your local meeting you can:
- meet representatives from the police and council
- help determine local policing priorities
- be informed on performance of local policing
- receive feedback on previous priorities
- seek help on individual or community wide problems