'Prevent' is one of the four key stands that make up the CONTEST.
CONTEST is a Government counter-terrorism strategy. Its focus is supporting those at risk of being radicalised by terrorist/extremist groups. The aim is to reach them before they reach a criminal threshold. A key component of Prevent is the Channel programme.
For more info
PACT provides local people with practical ways to influence their neighbourhood. This is by working with Police and the Council to determine local policing priorities.
At your local meeting you can:
- meet representatives from the police and council
- help determine local policing priorities
- be informed on performance of local policing
- receive feedback on previous priorities
- seek help on individual or community wide problems