If you are a British national receiving a pension from a foreign country, we can provide a stamp to confirm your life and residence in the United Kingdom.

What you need to do

Please visit the Register office between our opening hours of 9am - 4pm, Monday to Friday, to have your form stamped.

Please note that we are not able to advise you on how to complete your form.

You will need to bring:

  • The form that requires stamping
  • A valid passport or driver's license
  • Valid proof of address (*)


From 1st April 2024, this service will cost £20 per appointment, to be paid on the day at reception. If you receive multiple foreign pensions, you can choose to pay a one-off fee of £35 for all of your appointments.

* Valid Proof of Identification

  • Utility bill: Dated no more than 3 months before date of appointment
  • Bank or building society statement or passbook: Dated no more than 1 month date of appointment
  • Council tax bill: Dated no more than 1 year before data of appointment
  • Mortgage statement: Dated no more than 1 year date of appointment
  • Current residential tenancy agreement.
  • Letter from the owner of the address where you live. (This letter must have the owner's full name, address and signature. It must also state that you've lived at the address for 9 days or more.)