The plan sets out an ambition that ‘Wulfrunians will live longer, healthier lives.’ Delivery of this ambition will be supported by six overarching priorities.
- Strong families where children grow up well and achieve their full potential
- Fulfilled lives for all with quality care for those that need it
- Healthy, inclusive communities
- Good homes in well-connected neighbourhoods
- More local people into good jobs and training
- Thriving economy in all parts of the city
These priorities together with the associated key outcomes, objectives and activity form a framework to deliver our levelling up ambitions. Supporting the six overarching priorities are three cross cutting principles.
- Climate Conscious: The plan is aligned to the Council’s climate change strategy ‘Future Generations’ and our target to make the Council net carbon zero by 2028. Reducing carbon emissions will continue to be a local and national priority.
- Driven by Digital: Wolverhampton is at the forefront of digital infrastructure and innovation, and now more than ever we have seen the importance of digital skills and connectivity to social and economic participation for the City’s residents.
- Fair and Equal: The Council will continue to tackle the inequalities in our city which impact on the opportunities of local people. The plan is aligned to our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy which is underpinned by directorate level action plans.
All that we do as an organisation will support these strategic priorities. We cannot do this in isolation, we will continue to work as one council and one city to ensure that these priorities are delivered.