What is Whistleblowing?
Specific examples of issues covered by the Whistleblowing Policy, which can be found in the Downloads section, include:
- any unlawful act
- health and safety issues
- damage to the environment
- unauthorised use of public funds
- fraud and corruption of any description
- inappropriate or improper conduct (including bullying or harassment)
- serious failure to comply with appropriate professional standards
- breach of the council's Constitution or other policy or code of practice
- offering, taking or soliciting bribes
- misreporting performance data
- neglect of people in care
Reporting your concerns
All reported concerns will be fully investigated by one of the council's specialist teams.
When reporting concerns, please provide as much information as possible as this will help us to conduct a thorough investigation. All information provided will be treated in the strictest of confidence. You may remain anonymous when reporting concerns, but the chances of a successful outcome are increased if we are able to contact you to clarify details and ask additional questions.
Customers, suppliers and members of the public are requested to report their concerns to:
- E-mail: Audit.email@example.com
- Telephone: 01902 550550
City of Wolverhampton Council
PO Box 4931