We're committed to giving you the best service we can but sometimes circumstances arise which prevent this from happening.

In certain cases, persons might suffer a financial loss and/or personal injury for which compensation may be payable.

The council only makes payments of compensation when it is proven the council is under a legal liability to do so.

Who can I make a claim against? 

  • Wolverhampton Homes - relating to claims arising on Wolverhampton Homes managed property
  • City of Wolverhampton Council - relating to any service provided by the council including non-academy schools, parks, markets and leisure centres

This includes claims being made by employees against City of Wolverhampton Council or Wolverhampton Homes.

How do I make a claim myself? 

Make a claim for compensation

Please note: You are reminded of your right to seek independent legal advice regarding any claim for compensation. You should familiarise yourself regarding the legal costs you will be liable for.

How we use your personal data

This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided for the prevention and detection of fraud.  It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.  For further information, read our Privacy Policy.

Note to claimant legal representatives

City of Wolverhampton Council and Wolverhampton Homes are registered on the Claims Portal and claims can be submitted directly by selecting the relevant defendant/compensator.

y Claims Notification Forms to be posted prior to submission through the portal for dealing with low-value personal injury claims should also be posted to the above address. Do not post Claims Notification Forms to any other address.