Six spectacular lights switch ons - including a city centre celebration featuring a fantastic firework finale - are all lined up to get Wolverhampton counting down to Christmas.
Santa and his reindeer will be joined by the Mayor of Wolverhampton Councillor Barry Findlay, CBeebies favourite Boj, Doreen, who is appearing in the Grand Theatre's pantomime Aladdin, and Wolves captain Batth and goalkeeper Ikeme, for the magical switch on in Queen Square.
The family festivities begin at 5pm and include Free Radio's Big Screen, seasonal market stalls, Christmas music, a mini funfair and a spectacular firework show at 6.30pm.
And the fun continues over five other evenings of festive celebrations as Wednesfield, Bilston, Tettenhall, Bantock Park and Northycote Farm's lights are switched on by Santa and the Mayor of Wolverhampton, with lots more free family entertainment on offer at each event.
Councillor John Reynolds, City of Wolverhampton Council's Cabinet Member for City Economy, said: "These great free evenings out for all the family are a brilliant way to countdown to Christmas. We are looking forward to seeing bumper crowds at each event this year."
The events are as follows:
- Wednesday 23 November: Wolverhampton, Queen Square - event starts 5pm, lights switch on 6.30pm
- Thursday 24 November: Wednesfield, High Street - event starts 4pm, lights switch on 5pm
- Friday 25 November: Bilston, Church Street - event starts 4pm, lights switch on 5pm
- Saturday 26 November: Tettenhall, Upper Green - event starts 5pm, lights switch on 6.30pm
- Sunday 27 November: Bantock Park, Finchfield Road - event starts 5pm, lights switch on 6.30pm
The final switch on is at Northycote Farm on Saturday 3 December when St Peter's Collegiate Church Choir will sing carols from 3pm and Santa will be in his grotto.
Earlier in the day visitors can join the Friends of Northycote at their annual star dedication from 12pm.
On Sunday 4 December, Northycote continues its festivities with a Christmas fair and children's activities.
Entry to all events is free.
City of Wolverhampton Council is offering free Christmas parking at Fold Street Car Park from noon on Wednesday 23 November, Wednesdays 30 November and 7, 14 December, and from noon every weekday from 19 December, and all day on Sundays throughout December.
- released: Friday 18 November, 2016