This, and other initiatives, are included in a raft of new trader packages.
The council is working with new, licensed and casual market traders to help rejuvenate Wednesfield market. The new offers will give traders more opportunities and as a result, residents more choice and competitive places to shop.
Gary Green, Wednesfield market fruit and veg stall trader, said: “This is good news, and is definitely welcomed by us as traders. I’ve even taken up one of the incentives myself and for only £1 I have an additional stall, which means I can sell more produce and give my customers more choice. The incentives are just what traders need.”
Market trader incentives are:
- £1 deal - traders taking on additional stalls will be charged just £1
- rent reduced - a new trader or casual trader that would like to be licensed will get 50% rent reduction for 26 weeks
- 1 day rent free - licence traders who work 4 days full time will get 1 day rent free each week
- referral - when a licensed trader introduces someone who takes on a stall for 13 weeks, they’ll get 10% rent reduction for 4 weeks
- advance deal - licensed traders offered 20% discount for payment made one month in advance during January to March
- key stalls - £5 fee on Tuesdays, Wednesday, Fridays and Saturdays
Jay Baso, Chair of Wednesfield Village Business Alliance, said: “This is a great opportunity for current traders and potential new traders. We have a great community here in Wednesfield, and I, along with my other colleagues in the Alliance, are working hard to help boost business in the area for market traders.”
Councillor Steve Evans, City of Wolverhampton Council Cabinet Member for City Environment, said: “The new incentives have been created to help the market thrive and grow. The council and local residents both have the same goal; we want the markets on the high street to be busy and bustling. Working with current traders, potential traders, Wednesfield Village Business Alliance and local people, I’m sure our combined effort can make a difference.”
For more details about the market incentive packages please call 01902 555200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.