Type=image;ImageID=13971;ImageClass=left;ImageTitle=Good Egg Safety;TitleClass=strong;
The council has teamed up with Arnold Clark and their subsidiary, GTG Training in Wednesfield, to provide online access to the award winning 'Good Egg Safety' guides.
Good Egg Safety provides resources for families with relevant information to keep them safe on and around the roads, and at home.
The organisation has created a webpage where their popular safety guides are easily accessible via council websites.
The guides have traditionally been in print form, but Good Egg Safety is moving with the times and is now offering their life saving advice online with these free flipbooks available at families' fingertips.
City of Wolverhampton Council has joined up to the initiative, along with 19 other councils across Northern England and Scotland, and the Good Egg Safety guides can now be accessed directly via Type=links;Linkid=9846;Title=Good Egg Safety Guides;Target=_blank;.
The new digital platform includes the following guides:
- child car seat safety - key advice for parents of children from birth to 12 years (Good Egg Safety is the UK's leading child seat specialist)
- new drivers - vital information for learner and new drivers on how to get and keep their licence and the importance of good instructor selection
- parents of new drivers - advice for parents of young drivers on how to help keep them safer on the roads
- family cycling - advice for all the family about cycling safely
- older persons - A guide for older people on how to be safer while driving, cycling and using public transport
- new riders - Vital safety information for those thinking about and starting to ride motorcycles
Councillor Steve Evans, Cabinet Member for City Environment, said: "Road safety is off paramount importance to City of Wolverhampton Council. These guides offer potentially life saving Good Egg Safety information completely free of charge for a 12 month period. They are now easily accessible online and I would urge City of Wolverhampton residents to make the most of them to help keep them and their families safe."
Continued support from Arnold Clark has allowed Good Egg Safety to provide life-saving resources for more than 15 years.
Eddie Hawthorne, Arnold Clark Chief Executive and Group Managing Director said: "In-car safety is of paramount importance to everyone, not just the automotive industry. Good Egg Safety is a leading source of information and knowledge on child seat installation and new driver safety, giving essential tips to parents and young drivers. Everyone at Arnold Clark backs this vital initiative every step of the way."
Jan James Group CEO of Good Egg Safety, added: "Thanks to generous support from our friends at the Arnold Clark Group, we are delighted to be able to offer all residents in the City of Wolverhampton Council area free access to vital information we know parents want and need. Because of drastic cuts in public spending, it has become increasingly difficult for our local authority partners to afford these publications. With this free digital access, many more families can get access to this potentially life saving information."
- released: Tuesday 7 November, 2017