The Covid-19 vaccine bus is back at Molineux Stadium this week.

The Wolverhampton vaccine bus has returned to the football ground this week just over two months after it was last there, with first and second doses of Covid-19 vaccines for anyone over 18. 

The bus will be in the Stan Cullis Stand car park, opposite Asda, where walk-in vaccinations are available today (Thursday 9 September) from 1pm until 6pm and then Friday 10 to Sunday 12 September between 11am until 6pm.

Councillor Jasbir Jaspal, the City of Wolverhampton Council’s Cabinet Member for Public Health and Wellbeing, said: “I’d like to thank Wolves for supporting our efforts to get our city vaccinated and for hosting the vaccine bus once again.

“The vaccine bus was popular last time it was at the Molineux, so now, just over eight weeks later, is a good time for anyone who had their vaccine then to come along and get their second dose.

“Having two doses offers the highest level of protection from serious illness and reduces the chances of you passing coronavirus on. The bus is also offering first and second doses to anyone over 18 and has Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines available. 

Bruno Lage, Wolverhampton Wanders FC Head Coach, supported the vaccine rollout, saying: “I arrived here with no vaccine and I’ve already taken two. All my players go as well because I go with them. Here, it’s not a question. We all need to do the best thing to come to normal life.  
“That’s why I did it and that’s why all my players did it. It’s important for all the world, not only the players. The quicker we can return to the normal world, I think will be good for everyone.”  

Councillor Jaspal added: “With infection rates currently high, it is important that anyone who has not yet been vaccinated does so as soon as possible. Although 16 and 17 year olds are now eligible, they can’t get their jab at the bus, but can do so at other walk-in clinics across the city.”

Latest figures show there were 397.5 new cases of Covid-19 per 100,000 people in Wolverhampton over the last 7 days. That means 1,045 people in the city tested positive for the virus in that same period – though the true number of new cases will likely be higher.