You can request to remove yourself from a premises Licence as a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) or if you are a Premises Licence Holder you can surrender a premises Licence if it is no longer required.

Withdrawal of DPS consent

Where customer wishes to withdraw their consent of being specified as the designated premises supervisor (DPS) they must notify the Local Authority and the Premises Licence Holder in writing.

There can be no sale of alcohol without a Designated Premises Supervisor at any premises.

Surrender Premises Licence 

Where a Premises Licence Holder wishes to surrender their Premises Licence they must notify the Local Authority in writing and include their Premises Licence and Premises Licence Summary.

If the surrender is made after the due date of the annual fee, that fee will still be applicable and must be paid in full.

How to apply

Download, and complete the relevant form in the Downloads section.

The completed application must be returned to licensing services either by email or post. Please use the details below.


No fee is applicable to the withdrawal or surrender notice.

Contact Us

Our address:

Licensing Services
City of Wolverhampton Council
Civic Centre
St Peters Square

Our email address: