Thank you to everyone who completed and returned the recent customer feedback survey regarding the cleaning service delivered by the City of Wolverhampton Council, Facilities Management Cleaning Services.
A total of 66 surveys were sent to infant, junior, primary, special and secondary schools and academies that take up the service.
There was a slight drop in respondents this year: 20% compared to 26% the previous year. Overall, the results proved pleasing, with many respondents leaving positive and encouraging comments about the service and some leaving valuable comments about how we could possibly improve our service. You said:
- In 18 years of being a Headteacher, the current cleaning team I have are the best ones I have encountered. They clean our school as if it were their own homes and my children could not have a better start than to come into a sparkling building where every area is clean and smells fresh. I am also pleased with the way they respond if I have an outbreak of illness, giving extra attention to tables and chairs. I commend all of them.
- As a new head teacher in a post, I have completed the questionnaire alongside my site manager. The responses to the questions relate more to the staff we have at present than to your organisation. I would like to thank Angela Russell for her support and understanding of the issues which we have recently experienced and her endeavours to address them. I would also be keen to have sight of the service level agreement to be fully informed of the service we are paying for.
- The reliability of the service is of a high standard. Please maintain the affordability of the service/VFM through consideration of unnecessary price increases.
- Very good. Monica is a diamond and really goes above and beyond. Please don't move her.
- Disappointed that when a change of staff is required school are not either consulted or informed. This has led to cleaning staff leaving without any acknowledgement of thanks from the school because they have been told not to tell us and LA supervisors have not thought it courtesy to do so. We highly value our cleaning team who give excellent service and are always included as part of our staff team.
- I am so pleased with the cleaning service provided by my cleaners and supervisor. My school has never been cleaner and each of my 4 cleaners on the main site is a professional, treating our school as their own home. Outstanding service.
- We have found the service we receive to be very responsive, flexible and good value. The team on site at our school are as much a part of our school family as they are of your cleaning team. We value the care and consideration they give to staff when carrying out their cleaning duties. Communication has improved with the use of a communication book. I would, though, like to see the team be a little more proactive rather than reactive.
From the responses received, the overall satisfaction rating has improved from 82% to 85% who rated the service as either Good or Excellent.
If you wish to see a further summary of the survey, please click on the link below.
Many thanks again for taking the time to complete the survey.
The winning schools that received book tokens for taking part in the survey are:
First Prize - Holy Trinity Primary School
Second Prize - Oak Meadow Primary School