Thank you to everyone who completed and returned the recent customer feedback survey regarding the catering service delivered by the City of Wolverhampton Council, Facilities Management Catering Services.
A total of 85 surveys were sent to infant, junior, primary, special and secondary schools and academies that take up the service.
There was a slight drop in respondents this year: 22% compared to 25% the previous year. Overall the results proved pleasing, with many respondents leaving positive and encouraging comments about the service and some leaving valuable comments about how we could possibly improve our service. You said:
- Good to see investment in kitchen equipment where needed.
- The management team are very good but the onsite team are not always very good with the children and do not always have their hair fully covered. We have found hair in the children's food twice this term. It doesn't help at the moment as our food is cooked off the premises but when we had our own kitchen, the food and service are faultless.
- An excellent service. Lovely meals produced for our school family and a great kitchen team. Very pleased.
- Food in school is a vital resource for pupils in all schools and especially here in our type of provision. The pupils take up school meals here more than they did in the mainstream because of the office staff excellent relationship with the pupils here and in promoting the dinners on offer.
- The cost of the school meals, when making comparisons to alternative providers, appears quite high. As budget constraints become harder within schools and catering becomes an area to be looked at to see if savings can be made, the LA can appear to not offer value for money.
- I think our catering service is excellent. Response to concerns is timely and effective. Staff are professional and courteous. I feel people do get value for money, whilst meeting exacting standards.
- Thanks - a good service.
- We have found the service we receive to be highly responsive, flexible and good value. The team on site at our school are as much a part of our school family as they are of your catering team and we value the care and consideration they give to our children when carrying out food service delivery. Thank you.
From the responses received, the overall satisfaction rating has improved from 86% to 89% who rated the service as either Good or Excellent.
If you wish to see a further summary of the survey, please click on the link below:
Many thanks again for taking the time to complete the survey.
The winning schools that received the booking tokens for taking part in the survey are:
First Prize - Villiers Primary School
Second Prize - Eastfield Primary School