Wolverhampton is an ambitious city that is proud of its super diversity, there are over 88 languages spoken in the city.
Promoting equality and tackling inequalities is at the heart of our goals at City of Wolverhampton Council. We are a confident council committed to fairness & equality to ensure that everyone has a chance to benefit; working as one to serve our city alongside customers, colleagues and partners.
The City of Wolverhampton Council aims to eliminate discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations across all protected characteristics in all its activities and functions.
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish one or more objectives to make sure people get treated the same.
This is regardless of:
- gender reassignment
- marriage or civil partnership
- pregnancy and maternity
- sexual orientation
We have created several Service Equality Plans across our services that lead to real outcomes in the way we:
- deliver services
- consult and engage with our communities
- create cohesive communities
- develop a diverse and inclusive workforce within the council
The following plans will be available soon
- Corporate Equality Strategy – Equality Priority Plans 2019–2024
- Service Equality Action Plans (1 September 2018–31 August 2019)