All under 8’s are free of charge with a paying adult at all Leisure Centres without an application. Wolverhampton Swimming and Fitness Centre will also be offering this from 6 September 2021, however there is a £2 initial card charge to set a profile up on their system. All under 8’s should be accompanied by an adult as part of the leisure centres safe swimming policy. Please contact the centre you wish to use regarding ratios of adults to children.
Which centres offer free swimming?
- WV Active Bilston – Bert Williams
- WV Active Central
- Wolverhampton Swimming and Fitness Centre (Bentley Bridge)
How to apply at WV Active centres
Simply visit your local WV Active centre and sign up for under 15s free swimming at reception. Proof of residency will be required.
How to apply at Wolverhampton Swimming and Fitness Centre
Applicants for all 8-15 year-olds should download, complete and return the application form which can be found under Downloads to any of the above swimming centres. Application forms are also available at the centre. Proof of residency will be required.
Terms and conditions
- If you would like to swim for free at both WV Active centres and Wolverhampton Swimming and Fitness Centre, because they are a partner leisure centre, you will need to make a separate application.
- Completed forms must be returned in person.
- You must provide a recent council tax bill as proof of Wolverhampton residency.
- A parent signature is required.
- We would also advise parents of young people aged 14 to15 years old, or any child that looks older than their age, to be prepared to prove the age of the child.
Further terms and conditions can be found on the application form which can be found under Downloads.