Under the Department for Transport regulations, we can refuse a Blue Badge application if:
- you do not meet the criteria
- you fail to provide enough proof of your eligibility
- you fail to pay the fee
- we have reason to believe you are not the applicant
- we have reason to believe the applicant would let another person use the Blue Badge
- you have had at least one Blue Badge misuse conviction
If you do not agree with the reasons conveyed in the letter you received, please complete the form below to appeal against he decision.
We may need an Independent Healthcare Professional to undertake an eligibility assessment. This is likely to focus on:
- walking distances
- mobility impairment
- other criteria defined by legislation
If you have already had an eligibility assessment, they will review the original recommendation
Following this, the assessor will recommend whether you meet the eligibility criteria
If you do not meet the necessary criteria, we will further review your case based on:
- the eligibility criteria outlined by the Department of Transport
- the information on your initial form
- the assessment
- any evidence you have supplied to support your appeal
We aim to let you have a decision within 1 month of receiving your appeal. This may be longer if the council needs further evidence of your condition.
If we do not hear from you within 1 month, your application will stay declined.
If you have already paid £10 along with your application, we will refund your payment.
If your appeal is unsuccessful, you may apply again after 6 months have passed, or within a 6-month period if your health conditions have changed.
- Notify us in writing within 1 month of the date of your refusal notification.
- Provide any evidence not available during your first application. This needs to show:
- the severity and permanent nature of your disability
- the effect your disability has on your mobility
- We cannot get any of this information for you, you must provide any documents to support your appeal
Please fill out the following Webform to begin the appeals process