Getting a Blue Badge
As part of the Blue Badge application, you must provide the following:
- a recent passport photo
- a letter with proof of name and address (within the last 12 months)
- proof of identity - including driving licence, birth certificate or passport
- supporting eligibility documentation
Only send copies. We will not return original documents
- If you do not provide the documents or complete the form in its entirety, we cannot process the application and may cancel it.
- If you contact us within 6-weeks of applying, we may not be able to provide any further information or update on your application. The Blue Badge Team will contact you if any further information is required.
- Even if you currently hold a Blue Badge or you’ve had one in the past, your application will still need to be fully assessed, as some people’s eligibility changes over time. Please refer to our FAQs for details on the process and how to follow up on your application.
- You will not receive an automatic renewal reminder. It is the badge holder's responsibility to apply for a new badge 12 weeks before the expiry date.
Please see the eligibility criteria
If your application is approved, we will contact you to request payment within 6 weeks.
If you do not meet the automatic criteria, you may need to have a face to face assessment from an Eligibility Assessor. We will contact you if you're required to attend an assessment after applying.
These assessments will take place at the Neville Garratt Centre. Due to high demand, the current waiting time for an assessment is up to 12 weeks.
We only fast track applications where the applicant has a terminal illness