The requirement to reserve sessions for browsing use has been lifted at the 3 main district libraries, following Central Library where it was removed a few weeks ago. Customers are still required to provide details for NHS Test and Trace, and are asked to wear face coverings if they are able to. In addition, customers are still required to book PCs in advance by calling 01902 552025, as they were prior to the pandemic.
To enable social distancing and control numbers, visitors to Finchfield, Pendeford, Penn and Tettenhall libraries for browsing or PC use still need to book a 30 minute session in advance, again by calling 01902 552025.
From next week, the popular Baby Book Time and Storytime sessions will resume at Central, Bilston, Warstones and Wednesfield libraries. Places are limited and should be booked in advance by calling the relevant library.
Library members can continue to use the Select and Collect service, which enables library members to preorder titles online, at the above named libraries. In addition, Select and Collect is available at East Park Library on Tuesdays from 10am to 1pm, Whitmore Reans Library on Wednesdays from 1 to 4pm, Low Hill Library on Thursdays from 1 to 4pm and Spring Vale Library on Fridays from 10am to 1pm. To reserve items, visit Libraries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01902 552025.
Councillor Jasbir Jaspal, the City of Wolverhampton Council's Cabinet Member for Public Health and Wellbeing, said: "As our city gradually returns to something approaching normality, we are pleased to be able to relax restrictions at more of our libraries, extending opening hours and removing the requirement to prebook when attending 4 branches.
"We have also reintroduced face to face events in our libraries, with our summer programme attracting over 300 youngsters and their families, despite capacity limits – a good start as we begin to rebuild confidence and recover from the pandemic.
“We are looking forward to welcoming back families for our popular Baby Book Time and Storytime sessions from next week, and hope to extend opening times and remove restrictions from our other libraries as soon as we are able to."
Current opening hours are as follows:
- Central Library, Monday to Thursday 10am to 7pm, Friday 10am to 5pm, Saturday 10am to 2pm. Prebooking for PC use required
- Bilston Library, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10am to 5pm, Wednesday 10am to 7pm, Saturday 10am to 3pm. Prebooking for PC use required
- Finchfield Library, Tuesday and Thursday 10am to 4pm, Saturday 10am to 2pm. Prebooking for browsing and PC use required
- Pendeford Library, Friday 2 to 5pm. Prebooking for browsing and PC use required• Penn Library, Thursday 10am to 1pm. Prebooking for browsing and PC use required
- Tettenhall Library, Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10am to 4pm, Saturday 10am to 2pm. Prebooking for browsing and PC use required
- Warstones Library, Monday 10am to 7pm, Tuesday 2 to 5pm, Thursday 1 to 5pm, Wednesday and Friday 10am to 5pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm. Pre-booking for PC use required
- Wednesfield Library, Monday 12pm to 7pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10am to 5pm, Friday 10am to 1pm, Saturday 10am to 2pm. Prebooking for PC use required