Type=image;ImageID=7989;ImageClass=left;ImageTitle=More than 5,000 people have now signed up with WV Active;TitleClass=strong;
More than 2,000 extra people have signed up to WV Active Aldersley, WV Active Central and WV Active Bilston-Bert Williams in the months following the rebranding, which saw the introduction of new value for money membership packages starting at just £10 per month, refurbished facilities and leading fitness classes.
Councillor Steve Evans, the City of Wolverhampton Council's Cabinet Member for City Environment, said the new look facilities were proving a hit with customers.
"The launch of WV Active was a bold move by the council to increase the number of people using our leisure centres, and I am delighted that so many more people are choosing to improve their health and fitness with us," he said.
"Over the last 9 months, membership numbers have increased by around 60% to more than 5,100. This dramatic rise clearly shows our superb value, no contract membership packages and competitive pay as you go deals, Les Mills fitness classes, excellent customer service and improvements to the centres themselves have hit the right note with our customers.
"As a council we are committed to promoting healthy lifestyles, especially at a time when the city is joining together to tackle obesity, and WV Active has an important role to play in improving the health and wellbeing of our residents."
WV Active Aldersley, on Hugh Porter Way, Aldersley, offers a fitness gym and exercise studio, athletics track, cycling velodrome, outdoor tennis and netball courts, sports pitches and indoor arena for badminton, tennis, indoor bowls, 5 a side football and more.
WV Active Bilston-Bert Williams, on Nettlefolds Way, Bilston, has an 8 lane 25m swimming pool, a studio pool, fitness gym and exercise studio, multi use sports hall, sauna and squash courts.
WV Active Central has an 8 lane 25m swimming pool, fitness gym and steam room.
WV Active offers a range of membership packages:
- Gold (£20 per month) members enjoy unlimited access to public swimming sessions, fitness suites and sauna and steam rooms, and a free gym induction
- Platinum (£30 per month) members enjoy unlimited access to public swimming sessions, fitness suites and sauna and steam rooms, Les Mills and WV Active exercise classes
- Gold and Platinum concession memberships, priced £10 and £15 respectively, are available to people who are either aged 60 or over, in receipt of a means tested benefit, former or present members of the Armed Forces or students or apprentices studying or living in Wolverhampton
- Corporate membership packages are available to businesses and public sector organisations based in Wolverhampton who have signed up with a partnership with WV Active
WV Active Platinum members can use all 3 leisure centres and take part in unlimited Les Mills fitness classes. Les Mills is a global fitness and training phenomenon - with millions of people taking classes every week in more than 80 countries, and each centre hosts a range of activities.
Customers can also pay as they go for all activities.
As well as being great places to get fit and healthy, WV Active Aldersley and Central have branches of Costa Coffee, the UK's most popular coffee brand, while WV Active Bilston-Bert Williams is home to the popular Bert Williams Café.
More information about joining WV Active is available by logging on to Type=links;Linkid=4852;Title=WV Active;Target=_blank; or calling 01902 551010.
- released: Monday 12 October, 2015