New Dual Licence
To apply for a Dual Licence, applicants must have held a valid UK driving licence for a minimum period of 12 months. As well as this, the following processes must be completed:
- Enhanced (not basic) DBS certificate through TaxiPlus (email@example.com), supported by City of Wolverhampton Council, and must not be dated later than 3 months before the date the application is made. If you have committed an offence overseas you should seek independent expert or legal advice to ensure that you provide information that is truthful and accurate when making your application
- DVLA Driving Licence check via TaxiPlus (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Driver training and theoretical tests
- Hackney Carriage Driving Assessment
- Medical examination – the medical form can be found under Downloads
Once all of the above has been completed, an appointment will need to be made to submit your application.
You can request an appointment by emailing email@example.com advising all of the above steps have been completed.
Dual Licence Renewal
Existing drivers will receive an appointment in the post to renew their Dual Licence before the licence expires.
However, please note that Licensing Services are not obliged to do this; therefore the onus is on the driver to ensure they submit a renewal before the expiry of their licence.
If you have not received your renewal appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org advising us of this.