New Dual Licence
To apply for a Dual Licence, applicants must have held a valid UK driving licence for a minimum period of 12 months. As well as this, the following processes must be completed:
- A full UK driving licence for Category B vehicles, which you have held for at least 12 months. If you have a foreign driving licence, you may be able to convert it to a UK driving licence by visiting Exchange a foreign driving licence.
- Your completed medical certificate , which must be dated no longer than 4 months before your application date. You can also use templates from Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall.
- Proof of your right to work in the UK – Here you can find the Right to Work Document Assessment form
- An acceptable image of all pages of your full enhanced DBS certificate.
- If you are an existing driver and your DBS Certificate is dated less than two years ago, it will still be valid. Please check your renewal letter for details.
- You must also subscribe to the DBS Update Service at a cost of £13 per year. The DBS certificate must be for an enhanced check for the position of ‘Other Workforce - Taxi Licensing’. You have 30 days from the issue date on your certificate to apply for the Update Service
- If you do not have a DBS certificate, you can obtain one via TaxiPlus Wolverhampton.
- A completed DVLA Licence check. This will be completed at the same time as your DBS, when you apply via TaxiPlus.
- If you have not provided Licensing Services with a DBS certificate via TaxiPlus Wolverhampton, you will be requested to submit a DVLA Check Code
- Completed our Private Hire Training & Assessment Programme within three attempts and no longer than 12 months before your application date (If you have not done so already, you can book this here.
- Completed our Hackney Carriage theoretical and driving assessment. Please contact Worcestershire County Council to book this on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your own, individual email address.
Once all of the above has been completed, an appointment will need to be made to submit your application.
You can request an appointment by emailing email@example.com advising all of the above steps have been completed.
Dual Licence Renewal
Existing drivers will receive an email to apply for the renewal of their Dual Licence online.
However, please note that Licensing Services are not obliged to do this; therefore the onus is on the driver to ensure they submit a renewal before the expiry of their licence.
If you have not received your renewal invite, please email firstname.lastname@example.org advising us of this.