City of Wolverhampton Council’s vision is for the city to be an excellent place to do business, work and live.
Our City:Our Plan was developed with the people of the City of Wolverhampton at its heart. The plan sets out an ambition that ‘Wulfrunians will live longer, healthier lives.’ Delivery of this ambition will be supported by six overarching priorities.
- Strong families where children grow up well and achieve their full potential
- Fulfilled lives for all with quality care for those that need it
- Healthy, inclusive communities
- Good homes in well-connected neighbourhoods
- More local people into good jobs and training
- Thriving economy in all parts of the city
This is an exciting time for our city, residents, and businesses, with billions of pounds of investment either planned or on site across the city and it is recognised that procurement has the power and leverage to lead the Council towards its long-term vision for 2030.
The Council recognises the importance of building a highly skilled leadership group within the procurement team, who are recognised as senior professionals. The Council also recognises the importance of supporting employee development through ongoing specialised training to support career aspirations.
Delivering change can take time so it is really important that we take our stakeholders along that journey and support them with their aspirations. We need procurement team members who can simplify procurement and can give support and guidance to stakeholders to help them achieve successful outcomes.