If you have control of a house in multiple occupation that should be licenced but currently is not you must notify City of Wolverhampton Council of your intention to take steps to take the property out of the licensable criteria.

In this instance City of Wolverhampton Council may issue a temporary exemption notice. If this notice is issued the HMO no longer has to be licensed.

Temporary exemption notices last for three months from the date on which it was served. Please be aware City of Wolverhampton Council can decide to not serve a temporary exemption notice if this is the case you will be notified regarding this.

Please be aware the application below must be completed by the person who controls or manages the property. In order to support your application, you must provide evidence to support the statements made. If incorrect information has been provided action can be taken by City of Wolverhampton Council.

  • Current Your details
  • HMO details
  • Uploads
  • Declaration
  • Preview
  • Complete

Your details


Customer name

Residential Address

Residential address

Contact details

Contact details

Other details

Business address

Do you have a business address?
Business address


Where would you prefer correspondence be sent?