Advice on housing options and Independent Living Services.

You should tell the hospital nursing staff as soon as possible so that they know you will be homeless when you are discharged. They will ask the Hospital Discharge Team to help if they can. The Hospital Discharge team may refer you to Wolverhampton Housing Options, where they will assess your situation.

If you have a home already but it needs to be adapted, the hospital will refer you to Wolverhampton City Council Independent Living Services - Aids and Adaptations Services team who are responsible for adaptations or Disabled Facilities Grant.

Wolverhampton City Council Independent Living Services

For more information or to book an appointment, please contact:

Independent Living Service: 01902 553666 (option 1)
Textphone: 01902 553677
Fax: 01902 551511

Neville Garratt Centre for Independent Living, City of Wolverhampton Council, Bell Street, Wolverhampton, WV1 3PR

Monday - Thursday: 08:30 - 16.30
Friday: 08:30 - 16:00

The following services may also be able to provide you with help:


If you still need help and advice you can contact us using our online form. 

Contact us about homelessness