Domestic abuse can take many forms, ranging from outright violence to controlling behaviour and emotional cruelty. It affects men and women, in gay or straight relationships and from all walks of life.
There is help available and you should never suffer in silence, whether you wish to remain in your current home, take actions to have a violent partner removed, or move somewhere new.
The following fact sheets provide an overview of some of the options available for remaining in your own home if this is the action you wish to take or leaving safely:
The following services may also be able to provide you with help:
- Refuge - National Domestic Violence Helpline
- WHAG - Women's Housing Action Group
- Women of Worth
- Men's Advice Line
- Victim Support - Domestic Abuse
- Women's Aid
- Citizens Advice - Domestic Abuse
- Galop - LGBT and Anti-violence Charity
- Domestic Violence Services and Support - Horizon SARC
- Wolverhampton Domestic Violence Forum
- Impact Pathways West Midlands
- Wolverhampton Safeguarding
- Wolverhampton Black Country - Women's Aid
- The Haven
- Wolverhampton Homes - Safeguarding
If you still need help and advice you can contact us using our online form.