Shopmobility provides manual and powered wheelchairs and scooters to help people with limited mobility shop and use city centre facilities. Shopmobility can be used by those with a temporary or permanent disability, young or old.
In addition, a holiday loan service is available - manual wheelchairs can be loaned for a period of up to three weeks.
To use the service customers must first register and undergo an induction. This process will ensure that you are matched with the correct mobility equipment. Two forms of identification are required - one must have your photograph on it and the other must show your current address and be dated within the last 3 months.
- Monday 9.30am – 2.30pm
- Tuesday 9.30am – 2.30pm
- Wednesday 9.30am – 2.30pm
- Thursday 9.30am – 2.30pm
- Friday 9.30am – 2.30pm
- Saturday 9.30am – 2.30pm
Please call 01902 556021 in advance of your visit so your chosen equipment is ready for you on your arrival.
You will need to bring with you:
- one of the following photographic IDs:
- Driving Licence
- Blue Badge
- one proof of residency from the following, which must be dated within the last 3 months:
- Council Tax
- Utility bill
- Bank statement.
- 2 passport photographs
You can find Shopmobility within the new City Centre Market located on the walkway between Cleveland Street and Temple Street.
- Annual registration fee: £20.00
- Powered Scooters & Powered Wheelchairs
- Up to 2 hours: £2.30
- Up to 3 hours: £2.90
- Up to 4 hours: £3.50
- Up to 5 hours: £4.00
- Manual Wheelchairs per daily loan: £2.00
- Annual registration fee: £3.60
- Powered Scooters & Powered Wheelchairs per hour: £2.70
- Manual wheelchairs per day: £4.00
- Current charge
- £4.60 per day
- £18.00 per week
£25.00 deposit will be required, this will be refunded when the equipment is returned in good working order.
Proof of identity and residency is required.