How your complaint will be handled.

We want to hear your views

You can tell us what we did well by making a compliment and what we didn't do so well by making a complaint.  Sometimes you may just wish to make a suggestion or comment.

If you are not satisfied with anything to do with adult social care then you have the right to complain. 

It might be about the quality of the service you receive, or an assessment decision, a delay in providing a service, or the attitudes, actions or behaviour of staff.

Don't worry if your complaint does not seem to fit in with these, whatever it is about, let us know.

Adult complaints procedure

There will be a two stage process:

  • Stage One - Local resolution
  • Stage Two - Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman.

The focus will be on:

  • Having a more personal approach to complaints handling
  • Making arrangements more flexible and simpler
  • Treating complaints according to their individual nature
  • Focusing on a quick local resolution by looking closely at what you want to happen as a result of your complaint.

Most complaints can be sorted out quickly to everyone's satisfaction. It is important that you know how to take your complaint further if necessary. When you make a complaint, there are two stages to the complaints procedure:

Stage One

  • We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days and contact you either by phone or in person
  • We will make sure we understand what has gone wrong, what you would like to see happen and agree the best way to put things right and to provide the best result for you
  • We will explain to you how your complaint will be investigated and agree a time in which to provide you with a response; your complaint will also be overseen at all times by our Customer Feedback Team

Stage Two

If you do not feel that the response you receive has resolved your complaint to your satisfaction, you are entitled to take your complaint further to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman.

You can contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman Advice team on:

Telephone: 0300 061 0614

Or write to: 

Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
PO Box 4771
CV4 0E