As a School Governor, you will be required to attend full Governing Board meetings plus additional committee meetings, school visits and training sessions. Wolverhampton Council provides a fully subsidised training programme throughout the school year.
Becoming a School Governor has many benefits:
- The opportunity to develop new skills and strengthen existing ones
- A sense of satisfaction knowing that children will benefit from your time and efforts.
- The opportunity to work with a wide range of people from a variety of social, cultural and religious backgrounds.
- A valuable addition to your CV.
- The opportunity to undertake training provided by the City of Wolverhampton Council.
If you care about the education of children, are prepared to listen, read and ask questions, and would like to participate as part of a team, then becoming a Governor can be an enjoyable and rewarding way to play an active part in your community.
Vacancies and How to apply
Complete the Expression of Interest form in the Downloads section and send it to Charlotte Harding
Alternatively, if you would like to receive a phone call from the School Governance team, please complete the following form, and someone will call you back with more information. Please note, we always welcome speculative applications so if you are interested please get in touch.