This on-line form is currently unavailable while essential work is undertaken. The system will be available again from 2.00pm on 1 March 2021.
The full council tax bill assumes there are two people aged 18 or over living in the property. However, if only one person lives in the property then they will be entitled to a 25% reduction.
Discounts for households with more than one person
The council doesn't include certain groups of people when working out the size of the household, so you could still be entitled to a 25% reduction.
For example, if two people live in the property but one is under 18, a 25% reduction would be due.
The council doesn't include the following people when working out the size of the household:
- Certain students
- school leavers under the age of 20
- full-time students
- student nurses on prescribed courses
- YTS trainees under the age of 25 on a course funded by the Learning and Skills Council
- People with severe mental impairment in receipt of certain disability and attendance allowances
- Long-term/permanent hospital patients
- Person in hospital or care home
- Residents in residential care homes,
- nursing homes
- mental nursing home/hostel
- Detained in prison or hospital under a Court Order, the Armed Forces Act 2006 or the Mental Health Act
- Certain care workers
- Members of visiting overseas forces
- Foreign diplomats with diplomatic immunity
- Members of religious communities