By speaking to us we may be able to help you by:
- Making sure you are getting any reductions you may be due.
- Picking a way to pay that is best for you.
- Picking a payment date that is best for you.
- Making an arrangement so you know what to pay and when.
We offer a range of Direct Debit and non-Direct Debit payment plans to suit your budget. Choose from:
- Monthly - pick from the 1st, 8th, 15th or 25th of each month.
- Fortnightly - due on a Friday and starting on 1st or 2nd week in month.
- Weekly - due on a Friday.
If you want to change your payment plan all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
Pick the type of payment plan you want (monthly, fortnightly or weekly) and payment start date.
You can also view and pay your Council Tax bill online. To do this you will need your council tax reference number and your debit or credit card details.
Remember council tax is a priority debt and your current council tax should be paid as shown on your bill.
Do you owe council tax for previous years?
First - List all the money you have coming in - yours and your partners take home pay, benefits, income from people who live with you and regular income such as works pension or maintenance.
Then list where your money goes - your rent and mortgage are the most important bills. Council tax payments take priority over debts such as credit cards, catalogues and loans.
Then contact us on 01902 551166
Free Independent advice
Citizens Advice "help people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice, and by influencing policymakers".
Citizens Advice have money advisers available to discuss debt issues with you. There are three offices within Wolverhampton:
If you would like other independent debt advice, please visit Wolverhampton Information Network.