The Government has announced that the measures put in place under plan B in England are being lifted.
- From Wednesday 19 January, you are no longer asked to work from home if you can.
- From Thursday 20 January, staff and pupils in secondary schools and colleges will not be required to wear a face covering in classrooms, though they should continue to be worn in communal areas.
- From Thursday 27 January, you will not be required by law to wear a face-covering, including in communal areas of schools, but you should continue to wear one in crowded and indoor spaces where you may come into contact with people you do not normally meet.
- From Thursday 27 January, you will no longer need to show your NHS COVID Pass at venues and events by law.
You are strongly advised to continue following safer behaviours to protect yourself and others:
- Get vaccinated and get your booster dose
- Wear a face covering in most indoor public places and on public transport
- Let fresh air in if you meet indoors. Meeting outdoors is safer
- Get tested and self-isolate if you have Covid-19.
For full details of the new Covid-19 measures, please visit gov.uk/coronavirus