Regular testing, even if you do not have coronavirus symptoms, is helping to stop the spread of the virus.
1 in 3 people who have Covid-19 do not have symptoms but could still pass it on, so regular rapid testing is recommended.
Free rapid lateral flow testing is available to everyone. The tests are quick and easy and give you a result in around 30 minutes.
The free tests come in packs of 7 and you can collect up to 2 packs from your local test collection site. If you are unable to get to a test collection site, you can order 1 pack of 7 tests online.
If you have Covid-19 symptoms such as a new or continuous cough, fever or loss of taste or smell you should immediately self-isolate and book a PCR test. For more information about how to book please visit Coronavirus testing.
The Civic Centre, St Peter's Square, WV1 1SH
The opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday to Sunday 10am-2pm
Free parking is available at St Peter's Car Park off Wulfruna Street for people attending the Civic Centre for a test, and free parking for Blue Badge holders is widely available around the Civic Centre.
Ashmore Park Hub, 82 Griffiths Dr, Wolverhampton WV11 2LH
The opening hours are 9am-6pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and 10am-2pm Saturday. Closed on Wednesday and Sunday.
Bilston Market and Wolverhampton Market
Between 8.30am and 2.30pm weekdays and 8.30am-4pm on Saturdays. Please note, Wolverhampton Market is open Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and Bilston Market is open Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
Home test kits will also be available for those visiting WV Active facilities at Bert Williams, Aldersley and Central during their opening hours.
- PCR test centres
PCR test centres at Showell Road, Blakenhall Resource Centre, Whitmore Reans Library, Faulkland Street car park, and Mountford Lane car park, Bilston between 2.30pm and 8pm daily.
- Wolverhampton Swim and Fitness Centre
Home test kits will also be available for those visiting Wolverhampton Swim and Fitness Centre in Wednesfield during their opening hours.
There are also many pharmacies you can collect a home test kit from. Please use the Test Site Finder to find your nearest location.
Community collection points
Anyone in the local community (if you live near to one of these schools) can pick up their free kits from:
- Northwood Park Primary School (10am-2pm, Monday to Friday)
- Rakegate Primary School (11am-3.30pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Smestow School (9am-3pm, Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
- Oak Meadow Primary School (11am-noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- St Jude’s CE Primary School (2pm-3.30pm, Wednesdays)
- Trinity CE Primary School (2pm-3.30pm, Wednesdays).
Meanwhile, members of the school community (you have a child that attends one of these schools), including parents and guardians, are invited to collect test kits from:
- St Luke's Primary School (8.45am-4.30pm, Monday to Friday)
- West Park Primary School (10am-2pm, Monday to Friday)
- Warstones Primary School (2-3pm, Mondays and Thursdays).
- Read the instructions before you open the test kit
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds before you handle the test kit
- If more than one person in your home is taking the COVID-19 test, please make sure you have a test kit for each person. You will need to register each person’s test kit.
This short video explains how to take a lateral flow test and an information leaflet is also available.
Once you have done your test, it is important that you check the result at 30 minutes. This is when your result is most accurate. If you leave it longer than 30 minutes, this test is void and you will need to do another test.
Once you have checked your test at 30 minutes, you must register the result. This should be done even if your result is negative.
You should register your result online or by calling 119
You must do this every time you take a test. It should only take you a few moments to complete.
Tip: Creating an account will speed up this process for future tests as your information will be saved.
If you receive a negative result please continue to follow existing guidance.
Continue to test regularly (twice a week if possible). Keep protecting one another by:
- washing your hands regularly,
- wearing a face covering in enclosed spaces,
- keeping a distance of at least one metre (two metres where possible).
Follow instructions from NHS Test and Trace if you are contacted.
If your test result comes back as positive for coronavirus it is likely that you were infectious when the test was done. It is important that you follow these steps.
If your result if positive you will need to get a different test to confirm your result. Upload the result of your test and then book an appointment online or by calling 119.
You must only leave your home to get your confirmation test and must isolate until you receive your result.
Positive confirmation test result
- Isolate for 10 days. Day 0 is the day you got your first positive result. You can stop isolating on day 11 if you have not developed symptoms.
- If you develop symptoms at any point whilst isolating, you must start your 10 day isolation again from the day your symptoms started.
- Tell the people you live or work with and any other close contacts. They must also self-isolate for 10 days.
- Follow instructions from NHS Test and Trace. The questions they ask are important and will help protect others from Coronavirus too.
Negative confirmation test result
You no longer need to self-isolate
If you receive an invalid test result please continue to follow existing guidance.
Please repeat your test.
You can find further information about your local Covid-19 Home Testing Collection Points at: www.gov.uk/find-covid-19-lateral-flow-test-site
We will contact you within 48 hours after you have collected your kits to answer any questions you may have and to offer you help and support to complete the test correctly and upload results. Please don’t be offended by our call, we are here to help and support you.
If you have any questions about your home test kit or need help to register your test result, please call NHS Test and Trace on 119 or email your local Covid-19 Testing Team at email@example.com