Webinars, videos and tools for businesses
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy has published a series of short, on-demand videos to support businesses following the end of the transition period. Sign up to webinars and watch videos about trading with the EU.
To register for further webinars please follow the link below:
The Business Partnerships Team has also produced a toolkit to help businesses to take action and to encourage others in their sectors and supply chains to do so by sharing messages on social media and other internal channels.
We have now left the EU – are you fully equipped for the change? You can carry out your own readiness check here.
The UK Government has sent out a letter to VAT-registered businesses.
From January 1, 2021 UK businesses and professionals are being treated by the EU as originating from a ‘third country’.
- Businesses will no longer be covered by an EU directive covering investment, services and travel.
- There will be changes to e-commerce trading and all online traders based in the UK must check and comply with individual country guidelines.
- Businesses must apply to become a Home Office Licenced Visa Holder if they wish to employ new EU and/or EEA citizens in the UK.
What else you need to consider
- Have you ensured that your employees are ready and have the right to work? Review the EU Settlement employer-toolkit and ensure your staff have been supported to have the right to work freely in the UK.
- If an employer wishes to employ an EU or EEA country national after 1st January 2020 (who has not previously been resident in UK or gained settled status) they must have applied as a Skilled Worker before entering into the UK.
Growth Hub support
The West Midlands’ Growth Hubs have joined forces to establish a single point of information.
This site is designed to act as one central resource where businesses will be able to access tailored support and advice and a calendar of upcoming events. Through the site there is an opportunity to access 1-2-1 guidance from a local expert.
Visit West Midlands Growth Hubs or call your local Growth Hub on 01902 322995.
Key resources and links
- UK Transition
- UK EU Transition Communications
- UK EU Transition Checks
- Right To Work Checks
- Apply for EUSS
- UKCA Mark