Time is running out for businesses to prepare.
We are getting closer to the withdrawal from the EU, businesses need to get ready, be prepared and act now!
The UK Government has sent out a letter to VAT-registered businesses.
On January 1, 2021 UK businesses and professionals will be treated by the EU as originating from a ‘third country’.
- Businesses will no longer be covered by an EU directive covering investment, services and travel.
- There will be changes to e-commerce trading and all online traders based in the UK must check and comply with individual country guidelines.
- Businesses must apply to become a Home Office Licenced Visa Holder if they wish to employ new EU and/or EEA citizens in the UK.
What else you need to consider
- Have you ensured that your employees are ready and have the right to work? Review the EU Settlement employer-toolkit and ensure your staff have been supported to have the right to work freely in the UK.
- If an employer wishes to employ an EU or EEA country national on or after 1st January 2020 (who has not previously been resident in UK or gained settled status) must have applied as a Skilled Worker before entering into the UK.
Key resources and links
- UK Transition
- UK EU Transition Communications
- UK EU Transition Checks
- Right To Work Checks
- Apply for EUSS
- UKCA Mark